All details concerning the requirements and coordination for the Mid-Candidature Review Milestone can be found at: http://www.uq.edu.au/grad-school/completing-each-milestone.
School of Civil Engineering reference documents:
If you have any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Action required by candidate
Log onto mySI-net (www.sinet.uq.edu.au) and confirm the following:
- Your mid-candidature review due date and advisory team (Research 'Tab' - Candidature)
- Your thesis title (Research 'Tab' - Thesis Details)
Advise the date you are likely to undertake your mid-candidature review milestone, or submit a request for extension in the RHD Candidature Management Portal if you are unable to complete the milestone by the due date.
At least two weeks prior to undertaking your milestone:
- Provide an electronic copy of your Mid-candidature Review document to:
- each member of the Mid-candidature Review Panel
- the Postgraduate Coordinator (Prof. Peter Nielsen or Prof. Mark Hickman)
- the Postgraduate Administration Team at email@example.com
- In consultation with your advisory team, send the list of Review Panel members, including the Chair, to the Postgraduate Coordinator for approval
- If you are going to give a seminar for the mid-candidature review, book the venue through Postgraduate Administration Team (firstname.lastname@example.org). Confirm if video-conferencing facilities are required.
- Email email@example.com a short abstract and picture or graphic, so your mid-candidature seminar can be advertised through the school. This will also be added to the Civil newsletter, be listed on our webpage under news and events, and be displayed on the electronic display screens in the AEB.
Action required by advisor
At least two months prior to the milestone:
- Confirm Associate Advisor if not already listed (Change of Advisory Team)
- Recruit non-advisory members of the Mid-Candidature Review Panel (suggested to maintain review panel from previous milestone)
A Review Panel of at least three members of the School must be appointed for each candidate; essential members being:
- Chair of Review Panel (a senior academic with suitable discipline insight who is not involved in the candidate’s research);
- at least one member of staff who is not a member of the Advisory Team and who has expertise in the general area of the thesis project;
- a representative student member is optional,
- discipline experts external to the School are optional.
Confirm time and date of presentation and interview
Requirements to be completed
The following things need to be completed in order for the milestone attainment to be processed by the Graduate School:
- Mid-Candidature report
- Mid-Candidature Review Evaluation form (to be completed by Chair of the Review Panel)
- Research & Integrity Module (add date to Attainment form)
When the above three items have been completed, submit your Request to Attain Milestone in the RHD Candidature Management Portal. Remember to upload your report and completed evaluation form with your request.
You can also request the following changes through the RHD Candidature Management Portal if required:
- Change of Advisory Team
- Change of Research Project
- Change of Thesis Title
Extension of mid-candidature review milestone
Milestones are to be completed no later than two weeks after the due date. If you cannot complete the milestone within this time period, please submit an Extension of Milestone n the RHD Candidature Management Portal for a maximum 3 month extension.
*Requests for extension should be submitted no later than two weeks prior to your milestone due date. Generally, only one extension will be approved for a milestone; however, a subsequent extension will be considered on a case-by-case basis for extenuating circumstances only*